Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back In the Swing Again!

Well, we are back at home again and I will regrettably spend my day doing laundry and unpacking. We left on Thursday and spent a long Easter weekend with my grandparents in sunny Florida (not too bad of a deal)!:) It was a great trip and it was a true blessing to have my grandparents meet Elle for the first time!

We spent many hours in the pool where Ayden learned to swim like a fish and Brekyn finally conquered his fear of water (YIPPEE)! Elle didn't seem to mind the water one bit (and you've already seen how cute she looked in her vintage bikini)!

We had a wonderful Easter and I would say that one of the highlights was attending church with my Bop and Nana (grandparents). The pastor's challenge to the congregation was to think about all that God gave up for you (in the sacrifice of His Son) and then to really think about what you're willing to "give up" for Him. It really called me on and I spent some time after the service pondering how often I have great intentions that then slide by the wayside when it comes to my commitment to the Lord. (Ie: Lord, I'm going to get up at 5:30am today to spend time with you ALONE; Lord, I'm going to follow through on encouraging that friend of mine who has had a rough few days; Lord, I'm going to really work on the way that I speak to my kids).

So many times I have great intentions and then I don't follow through with them. Praise the Lord I am forgiven and that the Lord followed through with His plan of sending His Son to die and be resurrected for my sins!

Those are some of my thoughts for the day. If I ever get through the mound of laundry and have another deep thought I may actually post again later. In the meantime, WELCOME BACK and now that I'm back home again, I hope that you will see more consistent posts again! Happy Wednesday!

No comments: