Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Black Vs. White

I’ll admit it…I’m a sucker for 80’s music. The other day I was listening to the radio when one of these amazing “oldies” came on.


I just couldn’t help myself. I turned up the volume and was cuttin’ a rug like nobody’s business. Ayden and Brekyn (who are obviously used to Mommy’s foolishness) came flying into the living room to join in. There were the three of us just livin’ it up.


Seeing as though I now had an audience, I decided I should give the kids a really good show. I pulled out my best moves… arms were in the air, feet were kickin’, Ayden and Brekyn were laughing hysterically and trying to imitate everything I did. Needless to say, I was feelin’ pretty good about myself!


And then, I looked over at my sweet little Elle who was watching from her swing.


I could never explain to you the face of disgust that I saw from my precious little girl. It was as if she was looking at me thinking,


“Oh Mom, please just stop. You have no idea how to dance. You're a disgrace!”


You know what, she’s probably right….after all, she is half black.


One day I’ll ask her for some pointers.

No comments: