Sunday, March 16, 2008

If She's 24 That Makes Me...

Well everyone...it's a harsh reality of life. Despite the fact that I STILL have the curse of looking like I'm 12 (actually, I've recently been told that I've now graduated to 14), the sad fact remains that I really am starting to feel old.

Today my BABY sister turns 24! You have got to be kidding me! I still remember the days when she was the annoying little brat who wouldn't leave me alone! Now, she's "all growed up" and I can hardly believe that before I know it she'll be a quarter century old!

It's great to know that despite the fact that everyone around me is getting older, I am still as young and hip as ever!:)

Okay, maybe not so young....I had to go to the doctor last week because I have bursitis in my knee. Bursitis, which in fact was caused by the crazy nights that I spend out dancing...okay; maybe not...

My doctor actually asked me if I spend a lot of time on my knees.

"Hmm..." I said. "Do you think the 4 million diapers that I change on the floor each day would account for that?" (see my older post if you need proof of the amount of diapers I change)! My doctor recommends that I invest in a changing table. Go figure...$30 in a co-pay and the only solution the doctor could give me is to go out and buy a changing table!

Well, at least I'm still really hip...oh, wait a minute... I do drive a minivan - GULP! BUT, it's a cool minivan! Granted, it does smell like dirty feet mixed with sour milk...and there is always an endless supply of cheerios in the seats, but who cares! Get off my case!:)

Oh well, it's okay if my baby sister wants to go and get all old. As my older sister reminded me on my last birthday, "I'm not really in my 30's! I'm just $29.95 + tax!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEG!! I love you (even though you're makin' me look bad)! Before you know it you'll have bad knees and drive a minivan too:)! It happens to the best of us!


Me and my Sis

No comments: