Monday, September 15, 2008

Door Number 2

Do you ever feel like you're on a game show?

I sat around today feeling like I was waiting for something to arrive.

What exactly?

I can't say for sure.

It's kind of like I was sitting around saying, "Big money, big money, no whammies."

I checked my email and looked for the miraculous email that would bring me great joy.

Nope…not there (no offense to any of you who emailed me today).

I checked the mailbox wondering if there would be an envelope that said:

"Cyndie! You are the winner of a gazillion dollars and you've been selected to be a world traveler and you're also getting a free tummy tuck!"

Can you believe that envelope wasn't in my mailbox?

At one point the phone rang and I jumped wondering if God was going to deliver the ‘big news’ via my phone line…

Nope. Not exactly. Well; unless you consider purchasing a new subscription to a magazine I’ll never read ‘big news’!

And then I sat down.

I hate when I get this way.

It’s horribly embarrassing to admit, but some days I act as if my life really is a game show and around the corner I’ll run straight into door number 2 that opens up amazing and miraculous adventures.

Luckily, I know myself well enough to know what it means when I get this way.

Typically, it means that I need a deep down, drag it all out, bring it before God coffee talk.

And that’s just what I did.

I sat on my couch and chatted it over with the Big Guy.

“God, forgive me when I get this way. Forgive me for acting like a good old fashioned ‘normal’ day isn’t good enough for me. Forgive me for not turning to you sooner and for feeling discontent with the blessing that this day holds.”

And so, now I’m back.

That’s the cool thing about the Big Guy...He’s one- stop shopping.

A little chat with Him and life seems to snap right back into place.

No comments: