Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What it's all about...

Today, I have very little time to write (no, I'm not decorating for fall). I am seriously beginning to wonder if I'll even get to that this year.

In the last month my life has picked up with a pace that I haven't experienced in years. It's all good stuff....(bible study, making a little extra money doing childcare, parents groups, etc). I love it all, but it's definitely left me running through each week.

But, this week God has helped me to remember what it's all about. You see, last night Donn and I were overly blessed to have a couple sit in our living room to discuss adoption. They are a couple that are in the beginning stages of praying about God's plan for their family and they needed to talk it all through. What a blessing to be a part of that stage of someone's life! We went to bed feeling overwhelmed at God's goodness.

Tonight, I will ask you to pray because we will be sitting on the other side of the fence.

You see, tonight Donn and I have been asked to come to the local crisis pregnancy center to speak to the girls who are facing an unexpected pregnancy.

I am completely and totally overwhelmed that God has allowed us to be a part of this. Don't get me wrong...I think that sometimes girls are called to give their babies up for adoption and other times they are called to parent themselves...the bottom line is that they let their babies live. Each one of the girls we will be meeting tonight have already made the decision to let their babies live!

What an opportunity to thank these girls (who are not much different than my little Elle's birthmother) for their decision to give their babies life!

Please pray for us to be emptied of ourselves and for God to use us how He has planned. Please pray for God to bless these girls as they now figure out their next steps. Pray for these little lives that will one day join us in this world and grow up to be our future.

1 comment:

Annie Beth said...

It was good to see you last night. I wish the girls had talked more. I felt bad because I didn't want to make them uncomfortable, but how could they not feel weird. Maybe we made some kind of impression on someone for good.