Thursday, September 25, 2008

How I spent my day...

Okay, not exactly a true story.


I didn't actually spend my day in this massive line of cars; however, I did spend my day this way on Monday.

You see, about a week after Ike hit Texas, just about every gas station in the area seemed to run dry. Our streets are spattered with cars on the side of the road that were in pursuit of a gas station but couldn't find one in time.

Just tonight I had to make a run to Walmart and this is what I drove up to see. The line went on beyond my view and cops were all around.

Apparently, fights are breaking out all over town as people wait up to 5 hours for gas from one of the few stations that are still open.

I had heard about these stories on the news, but I never expected to see it. In all of my years in this city I have never seen an aerial police surveillance unit anywhere, but today, I got the treat of seeing one at the Walmart gas station.


Who whoulda' thunk?

I can only praise God I was not one of the people who had to wait in this line!

Let's pray we get a shipment soon...

1 comment:

Annie Beth said...

Hey! I stole your pictures and put them on my blog!