Thursday, July 3, 2008

Drowning...

Someone; oh someone, PLEASE tell me what the obsession is with boys and flatulence?

Obviously, for those of you looking for deep thoughts; nope…this just ain’t your day.

Seriously though, I must understand it. Like I said a few days ago; I grew up with all sisters.

Growing up, if you had to “toot” (as I prefer to call it) you would quietly sneak away for a few moments and hope that no one noticed. Certainly, if you did choose to “risk it” by staying amongst a crowd, you made certain that no one would be able to pinpoint its origin. This is the world I grew up in, and this is the world I felt comfortable with…

AND THEN I HAD BOYS.

In my new world, it is an honor, a right and even an aspiration to achieve the loudest, stinkiest and most crude gaseous output known to man! Sure, we force the kids to say excuse me, but when they say those words it is always with a sense of great satisfaction and pride!

For years now, I have tried to understand this phenomenon of the sexes and I have finally realized that I will never grasp the joy of flatulence that my boys so cling to.

Better yet, just this morning I witnessed my 6 year old teaching my 3 year old how to make “toot” sounds with his armpit…Come on; you have got to be kidding me!!

As if we need any more body parts that make that sound around here!

Oh Elle; I sure hope you are a girly girl….Mommy is drowning in testosterone! :)

3 comments:

E said...

Quality shot of the boys!

lifelaughterchaos said...

my hubby seems to think this all to funny too!

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Okay... now that is just absolutely stinkin' funny.

Sorry for the pun... smiles!

But just to let you know... little girls think that loud tooters are great too. sigh.