Tuesday, July 1, 2008

All new territory...

Growing up in a family of all girls (except for my dear ole’ dad), every day is a bit of an adventure in my world of growing boys.

Yesterday I heard some clanging around in the kitchen and as I walked out I saw my 6 year old boy rummaging through the pots and pans.

As I rounded the corner I noticed that he was clenching his fist as if he was holding a precious treasure.

“Ayden, do I want to know what you’re doing?” I cautiously inquired.

To which my sweet southern boy responded:

“I need to get me a fryin’ pan…I’m gonna fry me up a dead bug!”

Well, you know what they say in the South….everything’s better when fried!

Oh Lord, be with me….this is all new territory for a girl like myself….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, did he actually fry up the bug and eat it???? Butter and garlic would make it really yummy! :) heeheehee

MA