Friday, July 18, 2008

My son...the karate superstar

I think it's so great to see a child's confidence boosted.

Granted, my little guy Ayden really didn't need much help with that (for the most part he boosts his own confidence daily).

It is very common for us to have to remind him that humility is a great quality to possess.

Nevertheless, I still find it great when I see the innocence of childhood and the excitement that something like one week at karate camp can create.

This morning I found Ayden drawing a picture of him showing off his new skills.

Notice the amazing boy doing a split in the air with the medal around his neck...You got it; that's Ayden.

Notice the other person that Ayden is "battling" (as Ayden says)....that's Grampa.

Why Grampa?

I have no clue...but it is; except Ayden couldn't find a gray marker so this is a representation of Grampa when he was young. Plus, as Ayden says:"Grampa couldn't jump that high nowadays," so Ayden had to make the picture with a young looking grampa.

Finally, notice all the people standing below staring in awe at the amazing Karate Superstar...those are all of Ayden's faithful fans...

When I asked Ayden if I was in the picture he said, "Yea Mom...this is you."


"I'm really sorry about your hair though. I accidentally gave you spikes. Sometimes your hair looks like that, but it doesn't today. Sorry about that."

Oh Ayden...it's okay...I'll still be your faithful fan (spikes and all).

2 comments:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

You really have a budding artist here! Both athletic and artistic....that's a great combo!

Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn in Mississippi

Jami said...

He is one funny kid! And a good artist too!