Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Peace...

Sometimes I feel so incredibly helpless.

I sit back and wonder what God is doing and yet no amount of pondering seems to bring answers.

I shed some tears, sense the Lord comfort me and resign to the fact that I am a child and He is my Father.

There are many things I may never understand.

As many of your read yesterday, I have a dear friend who continues to be in a physical battle of great proportions. I spent yesterday on my knees, petitioning the Lord for His great healing hands. I felt deep sadness for the trial that this Godly family is enduring…

And then I got a phone call…

The phone call was to inform me that another dear friend, Tammy (who is one of my “Front Porch” Ministry sisters – see link at the side) received word yesterday that her son has a recurrence of cancer and is now facing 3 tumors on his brain (one of which is inoperable).

And I am left….in a pile on the floor…feeling such a deep sense of helplessness and pain for my sweet sisters and their families who are facing trials of such deep proportions.

Lord, I love you and I know you are standing right beside each one of my sisters right now. I know that none of these events has come as a surprise to you. I know that you love my dear sisters more than I could ever begin to love them. I plead Lord for your sweet peace. Bring my sisters peace that can only be explained by your comforting hand. Bring healing where it is needed and bring hope that can only come from a risen Savior. It is only in You that we can put our trust. Your will be done.

Amen.

2 comments:

lifelaughterchaos said...

oh my. i'm so sorry and i will lift up prayers tonight.

i have been reading so much about these situations lately, it's easy to be overwhelmed with fear.

Luke Holzmann said...

And Lord, please give Cyndie peace and wisdom as she prayers with and for her friends.

~Luke