Friday, July 11, 2008

God's Camcorder...

I was pondering heaven yesterday.

Do you ever wonder what heaven is really like?

I know that I can’t begin to fathom all of its glory, but sometimes I try. Sure, I think about the streets of gold and the rooms that He’s preparing for each one of us who know Him; but more often than not, my mind wanders off to other things…
--------------------
Summer in the south means many things….one of the greatest memories I think my kids will have of their summers in the south are of the thunderstorms.

Without fail, it seems like just about every day around 5pm the clouds roll in and the wind picks up. The trees begin to sway and the sun becomes captive to the dark blanket that canvases the sky. Some people can’t stand this. I myself love it.

Yesterday I saw the onset of the ever darkening sky and I skipped out the door and plopped into my big yellow Adirondack chair where I rested my head and stared up at God’s handiwork. As the wind began to rush across my face, I noticed how quickly the clouds were moving. They were faster than they normally are and it seemed like such an amazing sight.

I quickly called the boys outside to sit with me as we gazed at the clouds.

It was one of the most precious moments of my life. We laughed and pointed as the boys sat mesmerized by God’s masterpiece. It truly was a sight to behold.

AND THEN…

Out of nowhere, the clouds opened up and buckets of water began pelleting our faces. It was truly hysterical. No warning drops. No starting off slowly. Just an absolute downpour that left us drenched in the two seconds time that it took us to jump up from our seats and head to the door.

We laughed harder in those 2 seconds than I think I have laughed in months. Ayden stood outside with his arms in the air and twirling around. It was like a scene from a really good movie.

As we got inside and dried off, there was just one thought that kept coming back to me…
“Lord, I hope you have a camcorder.”

My memory is weak and my lifetime is short; but these precious moments are too good to live just once.

“Lord, I hope you’re recording them. I hope that when I someday join you in heaven, I will sit in the room that is prepared for me and I will laugh hysterically as I watch these moments on the big screen. That's what I think heaven will be like. A big movie in the sky of all of the highlights of my life. Thank you for my family. Thank you for these precious moments.”

4 comments:

Jami said...

I love this!! What an Awesome moment with your kids and the Lord! Thanks for sharing!

lifelaughterchaos said...

pondering heaven?

nope...i just sat pondering how i was going to get the laundry done.

Carmen said...

simply beautiful....

i think of my precious Mom who has been with her LORD since December of last year...I can only imagine (which was a song we played at her 'home-going ceremony') my Mom's face radiant with His holy splendor and glory...sheer and complete joy unknown to those still on earth...though we get to feel glimpses of it - for Psalm 16 says, 'in Your Presence is FULLNESS of joy and at Your right hand, pleasures forevermore!'

Baruch Ha SHEM ADONAI! (Blessed be The Name of the LORD)

amy said...

Hi Cyndie...What a great surprise to hear from you! Yes, I do remember you. :)
You have a beautiful family! Love to hear more from you. Tell Meg, I said hello. I haven't talked to her since we graduated! She must have gotten my blog from Denise.