Wednesday, July 9, 2008

God is chuckling...

Have you ever pictured God chuckling?

Oh, I have!

Yesterday morning I awoke and wrote one of the world’s fastest blogs about how I had been on strike the day before and how I needed an internet break. Hmmm….

I literally hit the “publish” button on my computer and headed to my email account. I checked a few emails, began a few replies …

AND THEN…

Nothing.

“SERVER FAILED”

What? I was just online?

Who is this “server” and how can he fail me now? Doesn’t he know that I just took a personal vacation from his service and NOW I am counting on him!!! This can’t really be happening. Are you kidding me? I have bills to pay! I have emails to respond to! I have work to be done (yes, I do in fact use my computer for work – it’s not ALL fun and games!)

It was pure girly drama, let me tell you!

But no matter what I tried…”SERVER FAILED”

Four hours later, after listening to the Hungarian woman politely spend 40 minutes trying to help me fix my problem, I finally got the response; “Well, it looks like this may be an issue with our system. I’ll get a tech on it right away.”

Right away, huh?

Let me translate that into everyday Joe language:

“We’ll send someone out to your house by next Tuesday.”

And so, there you have it…

A full 26 hours without internet service and I can just picture God up there chuckling. My guess is that He’s sitting around with a bowl of popcorn and a few of his best angel buds pointing fingers and laughing at me.

Needless to say; when the nice technician man drove into my driveway a few minutes ago, you could hear me yelling “PRAISE GOD!” the next town over. I think the tech guy thought I was a bit crazy when I told him that I have never been happier to see someone. He didn’t even respond.

It’s really quite pathetic how much life has changed!

Just a few years ago I didn’t even have internet at my house! Now I’m kissing the feet of the man who shows up with a new modem and a smile (well, okay - maybe just a new modem – he didn’t really smile much…probably because he was overwhelmed by the psycho lady who was yelling “Praise God” as he rang the door bell).

And yet my dear friends; I know I’m not alone…after all; on the one day that I didn’t post, I had an inbox full of people asking me where I was and what was wrong!

HA, HA – You’re all addicted too!

Do you think there’s rehab for this? Oh, if there is I hope it's in the Hamptons! :)

4 comments:

Charissa said...

I hope Internet rehab is in hawaii or someplace tropical!

Anonymous said...

My hubby says I am addicted. (He doesn't even know how to turn on the computer.) But it isn't any different than him sitting and watching TV, now is it? Plus, I have no remote to constantly be surfing!

Luke Holzmann said...

We've been having connection problems off and on this summer. It's been very frustrating. My household does just about everything online, so not being "connected" is pretty bad.

Glad your connection is fixed.

~Luke

lifelaughterchaos said...

i feel your pain...i had this happen last week too.

don't worry, we can be roomies in internet rehab!