Tuesday, July 8, 2008

On Strike!

Okay, here’s a glimpse into the kind of rebel I am at heart.

After a weekend of amazing quality family time of fireworks, parades, karaoke (yes, I said karaoke) and even a backyard movie against the house; I decided I was on strike.

As much as I LOVE blogging and I absolutely adore my ‘faithful 3’ (for those new readers out there; this is how I refer to my faithful readers because I can’t believe there are actually more than three people in the world who are reading this goofy blog!) I really enjoyed the weekend of NO COMPUTER!

You got it…. ‘NUTHIN’. I think I checked email once late Saturday night but other than that I had banned myself from it. I find that as a “Home Executive” (yup, that’s what I call myself!) the computer can be very addictive!

In my world of, “Mommy, can I have?” and “this house smells like poop” the computer becomes a bit of a reminder that there is a world going on outside of my 4 walls. Somedays, I do just fine with it; but other days I feel like I’ve spent the whole day either blogging or reading your blogs! Those are the days that I feel like I’ve let down my family and missed out on opportunities to be with them.

Soooo, after a great weekend of family time, I decided to buck the system and not post yesterday.

Now, I know that no one probably even noticed my absence yesterday, but it was my way of rebelling against the blogging monster that can rise up in me.

So, if there is ever a day when you notice I don’t get around to posting, you can assume one of two things:

1) The blogging monster has returned and I am in combat mode all day as I ward him off

OR

2) There was a HUGE sale on swiss cake rolls and I am stocking up for winter

On that note; welcome back dear friends and Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed, but understand! :)

kristen said...

Cyndie! MY long lost friend...thanks for finding my blog.....I actually have been peeking at yours in my "spare time".....but too, have to resist spending too much time reading the 10 favs that I do have......such a temptation...I can only justify when they challenge me spiritually....but even then, it's never a substitution for the WORD....anyhow, I'll check in with yours and you can see about my life on mine....I only post once a weekish, if that....I love seeing your pictures of the boys.....what a great way to keep in touch....without actually ever talking....hmmm, wait, er, um.....is that relational? love ya girl! Keep talking!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the bite of the computer monster...good choice in your rebellion, although I did miss reading your thoughts!