Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I Got Nuthin'...

I know you’re all on the edge of your seats wondering what my excuse is for posting so late today…

Hmm…let me see what I can come up with here.

Nope…I got nuthin’.

The sad truth is; I was up way too late going to a great concert with my studly hubbie where we sat on the lawn seats and tried our best to ward off the 14,000 different “smoke scents” that were about to make us pass out.

Then, I got up early with 3 precious kids who decided that 6am is a great time to wake up. Come on! A little sympathy here! Mommy was up way too late!

Then I had an amazing morning catching up with a good friend and before I knew it, nap time had arrived and I was faced with two options:

1) Blog for my 3 readers
OR
2) Take a nap with my kids

BUT;
Then I realized that despite the fact that I had stayed up late with a bunch of crazy fans (did I mention ‘WAY TOO LATE’), life must go on and I had a pile of bills that were supposed to be paid yesterday!

Sooooooooo….. I passed on the nap and the blogging and spent over an hour crying over why the power bill is so high and why my kids have this insane idea that food is an important part of their daily lives.

Alas, here I sit…7:30pm…DOG TIRED (because I stayed up WAY TOO LATE last night) and I’ve finally decided to bless you all with my deep thoughts for the day (HA! If you find any deep thoughts in this mess of words, you win a prize – it won’t be a good prize, but I’ll find some chewed up army man or something around here!)

Oh well…they can’t all be insanely inspiring days! Sometimes you just drag your tired bum around while paying a few bills and eating a few swiss cake rolls (Oh yes, you KNOW I made time to eat those today!) The kids made me do it. No, seriously….they really did; but that’s another blog for another day when I’m not so stinkin’ exhausted!

Next time I try to pretend I’m still in my early 20’s with my studly hubbie; please remind me of this day!

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

I love little army men!

But I totally understand: Not every day is unbelievably inspirational or informative. And that's probably a good thing. Otherwise, we may get overwhelmed.

In fact, God often has His superstars sitting around for long periods of time before He had them do things (Moses, David, Elijah...), so we're in good company.

~Luke