Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Today...

There are some days when I just can’t be eloquent.

This is one of those days.

I can literally go down and list the number of prayers that God has answered as a result of you (my blogging friends). We have seen miracles…an orphan girl has found a family, a soccer team from Nicaragua was clothed with full uniforms. A crazy person like myself was able to actually complete a proposal and meet with publishers about it…God is very real and God hears your prayers.

Today, I am asking for your prayers. Not for me, but for a dear friend.

Today, I have a dear friend who is lying in a hospital bed and is very ill. She has been battling an infection for 3 weeks that has ravaged her body and is now causing very serious issues. As of this morning, both of her lungs had collapsed and the situation is becoming very scary.

I can’t begin to put to words the plea that I have for each one of you to take a moment to lift this friend up in prayer. Please pray for the doctors to have wisdom; please pray for her husband and daughter to have courage and peace. Please pray for complete and full recovery.

I have seen God’s miracles.

I have seen my mother walk away from a stroke.

I have seen my sister survive an “in-survivable” car wreck.

Together we have seen an orphan girl named Loriana receive a family.

I believe in prayer and I believe in the power of the saints.

Please dear saints…. pray with me today.

If God leads, please post your prayer in my comment section and I will hand deliver them to this Godly family so that they will know how much God loves them. (If you’re unfamiliar with the comments section, please remember that you can comment anonymously if you feel more comfortable.) The only thing I ask is that you list your state in the comment. I would love for my friends to know that people all over the world are praying for their family right now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord,
Please bring this family your peace. Please give doctors wisdom and bring healing into this sister's life. Give peace and comfort to the family and hug them as we speak. You are a mighty God and your will be done. Amen

Charlotte, NC

Anonymous said...

Dear Heavenly Father,
I lift up Cyndie's friend to you as you already know every need she has. I know even without her name you know our hearts and her's. Please be with her family and bring them comfort. Please bring wisdom to her doctors and bring healing to this child of yours. I have laid in that bed and felt you miraculous power and to your glory may she be healed as well!
Thank you Lord and we praise your wonderful name!

For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord", Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your request to God and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4: 6-7
Monroe, NC

Anonymous said...

Dear Father God,
I lift this family up to you. Please wrap them in your healing arms. I pray that they feel your touch....of comfort and peace. I pray that you will give the doctors guidance and wisdom. Lord, you are in control and for that we are thankful.

All this we ask in Your Name. Amen

Marietta, Georgia

Anonymous said...

Father,

Joining with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, we ask you to touch and heal the infection in H's body. You are able. We pray for physical strength for H to undergo any treatment that would be used to aid her healing. Please help the Drs. to think of the best way to help her. We pray for complete healing and recovery - that this family may glorify you in this difficult time, and that you would comfort H, her husband and her daughter....they would know beyond a doubt your presence with them. May they know Your peace which passes ALL understanding, and may they trust You completely.

In Jesus name we pray this!
Amen.

Luke Holzmann said...

Lord, I ask that You give wisdom to the doctors that they would be able to figure out how best to help this woman. I ask that You heal her in such a way that the doctors see Your hand moving and her family can praise You for the incredible work You do.

In Jesus' Name, Amen

~Luke, Colorado