Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Details...

I can't believe Wednesday is already here!

Donn's parents fly in today so I am finishing up some last minute things before they arrive. I can't tell you how grateful I am for in-laws who are willing to stay with three kids for 10 days!

They truly deserve a medal...I guess I'll have to find a nice souvenir for them from Liberia:) At the least I should get them t-shirts that say, "I survived my grandkids."

Our plane is scheduled to fly out tomorrow (Thursday) around noon.

We will be flying all day Thursday and Friday and finally arriving in Liberia late Friday afternoon (your time). Liberia is 5 hours ahead of us.

Saturday we expect to get unpacked and organize all the suitcases that we are delivering to the orphanage. We then hope to go to meet the kids Saturday afternoon and spend the day getting to know them. I am so excited for this day!!!

Sunday we will spend the entire day attending church with our new Liberian friends. Please pray for Donn on this day because he is speaking at this church service. I love hearing my husband speak and am always so proud of him!

Monday begins the week of a mix of orphanage repairs, adoptive children profiles and play time!

I will mainly be handling gathering information on the almost 500 children in the orphanage so that we can come back to the states and have more accurate profiles on the children (which will help tremendously when trying to find adoptive parents).

Donn will be working on repairs to the orphanage in the mornings and then he is in charge of the activities for the afternoons (basically sports ministry).

We also expect to spend some time on Wednesday seeing the city of Monrovia and visiting the local marketplace.

I am going to make every attempt to give live updates from the internet cafe as much as possible.

I have already pre-written a post for every day for our kids so that they know what we're doing that day and how much we miss them. Please feel free to check in on those posts also. If I can get to the internet cafe it just means that I may actually be able to give details for that day (and hopefully some pictures)!

Again, thank you so much for all your prayers. Please pray for safety, protection and God to move tremendously!!

This is truly the trip of a lifetime (a honeymoon to remember indeed)!:)

We love you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liberia or bust!

You will be in my talks with God.

I John 3:18 - "Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth." You are grasping on to an opportunity to "live out loud" and act on your love of God. As you carry out your plans and goals each day in Liberia, don't worry if you don't get everything done on your list. Giving glory to God will be your defining end-product!
Depending on Him will get your plans accomplished. :-)
Happy memories with Donn.
Julie <><