Monday, March 16, 2009

Liberia Journal - Day One

March 5, 2009

Just got on our flight from Washington to Brussels. I cried a bit as the plane took off. It's so hard to comprehend that I'm leaving the country where my children are.

I realized today that a Mother's heart never stops loving. I cried as I left behind my precious angels and then I got to the airport where I spoke with Mom while she and I both cried. It hit me that it doesn't matter how much time passes (or even how many miles)...saying goodbye as a Mom is always hard.

I'm so excited to see why God wants us on this trip. Maybe it's just to remind us what the "real" world is like. Maybe it's to introduce us to children...maybe it's more. Maybe it's just because we said we would go. Certainly it's because He wants us to know Him more.

Lord, let me know you more. Use me however you desire. Help me to have a soft heart and an open mind toward what you want from me.

Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cyndie -- I am so glad you are doing this. I thought about you guys EVERYDAY. Thank you for sharing your experiences this way. Love you!!