Monday, April 7, 2008

Billy Graham Library...

As some of you know, we are enjoying a week of Spring Break (for Ayden) and also the company of Donn's parents for a week. Today we were incredibly blessed to spend a few hours at the Billy Graham Library.



I must admit, when I first heard about the BG Library (which opened here last year) I thought it may be 'slightly interesting' but I honestly figured it would be a bit dry and uneventful overall. After visiting there twice now, I can truly say that this is an experience that just rocks my world!

Watching the history of Billy and Ruth Graham and their absolute devotion to the Lord just brings me to tears. At one point, I stepped away from the crowd to feed Elle. When I looked up I saw the verse, 2 Corinthians 5:20 which says:

"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us."

I sat there with tears in my eyes as I thought about how deeply I long to be an ambassador for Christ. I couldn't help but wonder,

"Lord, am I doing everything I can to share your love with others?"

"Are there things in my life that are holding me back from giving everything for your sake?"

"Am I living a life that will help guide my children and my husband more into your presence every day?"

As I lay my head on my pillow tonight, I will lay it down with the prayer that the Lord will use me mightily in this world and that He will be glorified in my life.

What will your prayer be?

To see a preview of the Billy Graham Library, click the link below:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1137883230/bctid1279693806

No comments: