Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Am Officially A "Writer"!!

Let It Be Known!!!!!!!!!!!! I am officially a writer!!!!!!

Now, I realize that to many people that statement would imply that I actually had an article picked up by a publisher and put into print….But, NAH…….that’s just not how I work.

You see, today I feel more like a writer than I ever have before. It is a great day! An exciting day! A monumental day! For, today I received my very first rejection letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!

I actually opened it up in the mail and skipped into the family room where Donn was. I waved it in front of his face smiling and quietly handed him the note. He read it and looked at me with huge eyes and finally said,

“I don’t get it. Why are you so happy?”

“Why am I so happy? Are you kidding me? Two years ago I dreamed of finally being a writer. …BUT, I was too stinkin’ scared to put my thoughts onto paper and actually send them away for someone else to read! Now, I’ve not only sent them to a perfect stranger to read, but I’ve also been rejected! Every writer has a million stories of the rejection letters that they’ve received! Don’t you get it? This means that my journey has finally begun!”

So, a big ole Yippee for me!! I’m officially a writer….well, I guess in essence I am officially a ‘rejected writer’!

Who cares? If ‘writer’ is in the title somewhere at least I know I’m making progress!

This is it! My official rejection letter...it said something about not liking my story..I can't really remember...I was too excited to read it thoroughly:)!


5 comments:

Charissa said...

I'm so very proud of you!!! I can't wait to have a signed copy on my bookshelf, of course it won't get to the shelf until I've read it at least once!

lifelaughterchaos said...

You are too cute! THat is so awesome! You are way ahead of me! I read on some of the writing thingys I go to (even though I am NOT an actual writer) that people get rejected up to 60 to 70 times before getting accepted! One down...;)

Congrats...your step is huge!

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

Wooo-hooo!!!!!

By the way, send me more chapters, if you have any! Your totally loser "Editor" finally got time to do some reading, and I LOVE what you've sent so far. Especially since you haven't said anything negative (yet) about your big sister. :)

Anonymous said...

I know this is late, but you know I haven't read anything but Media Law for the past 6 months...but...
Congrats!!!!!!!
I have an idea...in a year or two you and me will get together with all our letters and we will compare for the best rejection letter ever and we will send them a prize or something.

If we really put our minds to it and get busy we could have enough to like wallpaper a room or something with them. You in?

What's that saying about the man making the light bulb(okay, I didn't major in science) and it took like a million tries, but we would all be sitting in the dark if he gave up.

The world will be a very dark place if you weren't writing. At least I know my world would be a whole lot darker! You Go Girl!!!(am I too old to say that?)