Friday, April 4, 2008

My Friends...

The Lord has really impressed something upon my heart lately. In a world that seems very cold and uncaring at times, I have stood in awe as I look around me and see the blessings of friendship that God has bestowed upon me.

On Saturday night I spent time with a dear old friend who probably knows me as well as anyone and still manages to love me unconditionally.

On Monday morning I spent hours digging into the Word with some of the most hilarious and "real" Christian friends that a girl could ask for.

On Tuesday morning I sat and had lunch with a dear old friend who used to be a youth group girl of mine and is now all grown up and has become a precious friend.

On Tuesday night I went out for a late night coffee with one of the oldest friends that I have in this world. We have been through thick and thin together and God has allowed us to grow stronger in our friendship through it all.

On Wednesday morning I sat with a sweet friend who is such an encouragement and a source of joy in my life and always has a smile to offer.

This morning I was blessed to have breakfast with a sweet new friend that the Lord has placed in my path. We were able to praise God for her life and her birthday!

This afternoon I spent time helping another dear new friend who I can't imagine I've only known for a few months because I feel like we've known eachother our whole lives!

Just about every evening my amazing friend who lives next door stops by to give me a few moments of "adult" time while she cuddles on little Elle and helps me to gather myself at the end of a busy day.

Now, let me first stop and say, 'NO, I don't usually have a week as packed with so many fun encounters.' But, for some reason, this is how the Lord orchestrated this week to be. I didn't get to see every friend that is part of my life this week, but it was an amazing week and I sit here at the end of it thinking about how truly blessed I am to have Sisters in Christ all around me.

And so, today my blog is dedicated to my dear girlfriends. You all know who you are. Whether or not you are near or far, I hope now you all realize how incredibly honored I am to be your friend. I love you!

No comments: