Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Losing It...

Man, did I lose it the other day….good thing is, for once it wasn’t with my kids - it was with Satan!

So, here I am minding my own business and driving to Target when all of a sudden I started thinking about all of the “stuff” I want to do to our house (decorating diva here). Hardwoods, carpets, kitchen backsplash, new kitchen table…and on and on and on!

In and of itself, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a “wish list.” The problem was that I have been consumed with these thoughts for weeks now! They won’t go away! They creep up on me and take over my brain. I can be sitting trying to spend time with God and here they come, like a thief in the night, stealing my thoughts and clouding my judgment.

As I pulled into the parking lot, I thought to myself, “Cyndie, you’ve been to Calcutta…you’ve seen the ‘real’ world. The USA is not the real world and you’re forgetting how blessed you are. You’re letting Satan keep you distant from God.”

AND THEN I LOST IT!

Right then and there I began shouting at the top of my lungs (thank goodness I was alone in the car)!

“This is so stupid!”

“I can’t believe I’ve let you have this foothold in my life again!”

“You are SO not worth this stress!”

“In the name of Jesus Christ I rebuke you Satan from having this hold over me!”

“You’re done…it’s over! You lose – God wins!”

I must admit, it was a really great moment. We are waging a daily battle and Satan knows where our weaknesses lie. Praise God that He has already been victorious and I have Him to fight this battle for me.

I can’t imagine what I looked like to all the people watching me yell into mid air, but I am so grateful that I finally came to a point when I recognized what was happening in my life and how skewed my perspective was becoming. I know there will be many more days when I will face this challenge again…but I also know that God is never farther away than my next breath.

SO, if you ever pass me on the street and notice me yelling into mid-air, don’t get the wrong idea and think that I am venting over Donn leaving the toilet seat up…I may in fact be having an epiphany with the Lord!:) If during that “epiphany” I happen to mention to God my frustrations about the toilet seat, I’ll just keep that my little secret. :)

No comments: