Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Holding the Leaves...

I received permission from a bloggy friend of mine to post this conversation that she recently had with her little boy Dakota. It had me laughing hysterically and I just had to share it with you all. Once again, this was not a conversation I had with Ayden or Brekyn (though it certainly seems as though it could have been):)! If you want to check out my new friend's blog, click the link:
Excerpt Below:
--------------------------
I wasn't planning on posting today, but the conversation I had with Dakota on the way home from church was just too postworthy to avoid.

He was in a very good and chatty mood. He explained that they learned how people have different skin colors and that some people make fun of them for that. This was an amazing insight as my son can NEVER remember what they learned in church or in school. So knowing that he learned and retained something was encouraging. Plus, it opened up great discussion regarding our adoption of Nevaeh.

Somehow the conversation turned (and I have no idea how it got to this point), but Dakota started to talk about Adam and Eve.

He said, "you know they were naked. They didn't have any clothes so they had to have leaves. Adam had something tied around him. Eve did too and then she had to hold something because she had those...what are they called? You have them too? I cant' remember what they are called?"

I nervously said, "breasts?"

"Yes" He said. "She had breasts, so she had to hold leaves over her. So Adam had to do everything. He had to do all of the cooking and cleaning and everything because Eve had to hold her leaves."

By now I was trying hard to not burst out in laughter...I wanted to keep this conversation going.
"Hmm." I said "Since I'm a girl like Eve, maybe I shouldn't do anything. Maybe Daddy and you should do everything."

"No Mommy! You don't have leaves! You have clothes! God made us all different like that . Some people He gave clothes and other He gave leaves. That's just how He made us."

Dakota you are right. That is just how He made us. However, it sure would be nice to sit around and just hold leaves every once and awhile.
--------------------------------------
Thanks Billie for sharing this story with us! Let's pray that Dakota one day marries a woman who also has clothes and not just leaves or he could be in for a rude awakening when he has to do dishes!:)

No comments: