Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Bop...

What do you say when your Bop (grandpa) turns 88?

How can you even begin to put years upon years of memories and lessons onto one page?

How can you ever express how deeply your love runs and how blessed your life has been because of one man?

I guess all you can do is go back to the basics:

Go back to:

Playing ice cream shop in the playhouse,

Building tree houses in the back woods,

Hiding under the counter in his kitchen,

Sitting still as he tickles your nose with the bristle from a broom,

Playing his elf every Christmas,

Having picnics on his living room floor,

Yelling, “don’t get me dirty Bop” as he plants his garden,

Eating Friday night dinners at Woolworths,

Riding down the chute at his store,

Watching him tirelessly serve his church and his community,

Seeing that his life has changed our family and this world FOREVER…

There are no words that could say it well enough. There are no adjectives that could make it clear enough.

Bop has guided our family toward the Firmest Foundation we could ever know and he has made our lives richer with each breath he breathes.

I am honored, blessed and overwhelmed that I have been chosen to be your granddaughter.

You have made my world a better place and I love you more than you could ever know.

Thank you for all that you’ve given to this world and to your family for 88 years.

Thank you for putting God above all else.

If I can grow up to be like my Bop, I will have accomplished something wonderful in this world.


I love you always and FOREVER.


Happy 88th Birthday!

No comments: