Thursday, April 17, 2008

Please Pray for Loriana...

My heart is very heavy today. As a matter of fact, my heart has been very heavy for a few days now. This morning I actually had a friend tell me that I’d been on her mind all week. She asked me if something was going on. I shared with her my heavy heart concerning this situation and she responded by saying, “Now I understand why God has placed you on my heart.”

You see, as some of you know, I work part-time as a Marketing Consultant for the local adoption agency here. As part of that job, I periodically hear of “waiting children” who are in need of homes. I have a tendency to say a quick prayer as these children come to my attention, but typically I’ll admit that it ends there. Life gets busy and I forget.

The other day, a child’s picture and name came across my desk and something happened to me. I can’t begin to explain it with words. My heart was just burdened beyond belief and I found myself praying constantly that the Lord would bring a family to this sweet precious girl. Coming off of the heels of having just been blessed with little Elle, I know what joy an adopted child can bring to a family.

Looking at the sweet face of this little child and then hearing more about her “story” from a woman who has actually met her, I have found my heart captured. I’ll be honest, if the Lord were to whisper to both Donn and I right now that this child was meant for our family, I wouldn’t hesitate to do all we could to bring her home.

However, God has not revealed that to us so far. What He has made clear to me is that I NEED to be in prayer and I need to share Loriana’s need with the world. I believe very strongly that someone out there is meant to have Loriana in their life. You may not be the person who Loriana is meant to live with, but would you be a person who prays earnestly for this little girl to find a home? That’s all it takes…prayer and faith. God will do the rest. Please join me in this crucial endeavor.

Loriana Mercedes Aguilar - A Precious ‘Waiting Child’


Loriana (age 7) was declared abandoned when she was found being mistreated by her mother. She is currently living in the House of Rose Orphanage in Somotillo Nicaragua where she has received medical attention, food, clothing and personal and spiritual counseling.

Loriana is considered in stable condition. She is dynamic and caring. She deals with insecurity and is being immersed in God’s love to combat those fears. She is very intelligent and is currently in 1st grade.

Since her placement at the orphanage in 2004, Loriana has not received a single visit from anyone wishing to inquire about her. She longs to be loved and to share her precious heart with a family. As visitors have come to the orphanage to meet other children, Loriana has actually asked them if they could bring a Mommy back for her next time.

Please pray that the Lord will bring Loriana's family to her quickly. Let's be part of the miracle of Loriana's life!

2 comments:

lifelaughterchaos said...

wow. this little girl's picture caught my breath. she is gorgeous. would it be ok if i posted her info on my blog? who knows who will read it and feel called. i will pray for her.

that's so cool that you work part time for an agency. i hope to work someday in the adoption field somehow. did you start working there after you adopted?

i think i would want to take them all. that would be a problem!

The Power of One Ministry said...

Cyndie,

I just got off the phone with a woman who wants Loriana. She received an email from someone named Tracy. It had to come from you because she had her picture.
She told me she was asking God just last night for a child and this morning there was Loriana's face and she and her husband knew right away what God as confirming.

You should probably take the ad out. She told me she is serious and is meeting with me Wednesday to go over the paperwork process.

Thank you Thank You Thank You...
Angie