Thursday, June 5, 2008

Goliath and the duck...

“Mommy, I need to talk to you about something and I’m a little scared.”

GULP…this is the phrase I woke up to this morning.

With eyes half shut my heart began to pound a bit as I looked over at Ayden who was standing beside my bed with a very serious look.

“What do you need to talk about Ayden?” I asked…praying the entire time that it wasn’t going to be nearly as deep as it sounded.

“I had a bad dream.”

“Oh, okay; well sometimes if you talk about it, it feels a bit better…what was it about.”

At this moment Brekyn came bounding into the room and began listening intently to Ayden’s dream.

“Well, Goliath was in it and he was HUGE and he chased me all through our house. I asked Brekyn to help but he didn’t and I yelled for you but you couldn’t hear me. I ran up our stairs and Goliath had a big knife and he tried to get me with it, but at the top of the stairs I ducked and he missed and ended up getting himself with the knife…then I woke up.”

“I’m so sorry Ayden; that sounds pretty scary but at least it was just a dream and at least Goliath ended up dead meat in the end.”

At this moment Brekyn, who apparently was feeling a bit left out, jumped into the conversation.

“Hey, I had a dream like that too!” Brekyn excitedly shouted.

“Was Goliath in your dream too?” Ayden asked.

“Yea he was, and he was big and he chased me up the stairs!” Brekyn replied.

“So, did you duck at the top of the stairs too?” Ayden asked.

“Yup…I sure did… QUACK, QUACK, QUACK. “ Brekyn exclaimed.

At which point, Mommy burst into laughter and decided it was time to drag herself out of bed!

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Boys! You gotta love 'em! Too cute. Thanks for sharing. This made me laugh.

E said...

That is a great story!