Thursday, June 19, 2008

Looks like we made it!

Well ladies, we did it! I say "we" because if you are one of my dear sisters who has been praying for me as I follow God's leading of pulling together this book, then you are just as much a part of this journey as I am!

We made it! The proposal is typed out, ready to go and bound nicely! This will be my last post for this week as I will be leaving tomorrow morning to head out to the conference where I will be soaking in knowledge from women who are already a part of the Christian publishing world. I fully expect to come back brilliant!!!!!!:)

Please continue to pray for me during this weekend. I have two meetings with publishers on Friday (at 3:45pm and again at 7:45pm) to pitch this book. I have put more heart into this project than anything I've ever done and I already feel accomplished just because I finally followed through with a dream. LOOK MOM! I DID IT! :)

However, the fact remains that I believe this book is something that will reach women and help them to see their worth in Christ, SO I obviously would love for it to be published so that women will be able to read it!:) Pray for God's direction and that He would empty me of myself and speak through me during those meetings.

Thank you for everything dear bloggy sistahs! (a little ghetto talk thrown in there)!

You da bomb (okay, I'm done now - can you tell I'm writing this late at night?)!

Have a great weekend!

Peace Out! (Okay, really...I am done now)!:)

4 comments:

Carisa said...

I am so excited for you! I too have a secret dream (shh don't tell) of writing a book, I am much further away from that ever becoming a reality (if it ever does), but it is one of those far out there dreams I have always had. My first was to become a teacher-did that, my other was to beocme a professional photographer-did that. I never dreamed I would be a missionary-yay God, and being an author is the other dream that was on that "list." Seeing you follow through and do this is inspiring, thanks! I will be praying for you.
Love, Carisa

Anonymous said...

Hey :),

Lisa B. and I are just trying to get word out for an impromptu Blogger's lunch on Friday. Please...join us if you can!

Blogger's Lunch 11:30 am
Chili's Grill & Bar
1365 Concord Pkwy N
Concord, NC
Exit 58 off I85
Phone: (704) 721-3859

(I didn't see an email, so I'm posting this in comments :) If you can come, please let one of us know! :)).

Robin @
http://pensieve.typepad.com/pensieve/

and Lisa @
http://www.simplyhisblogger.com/

Charissa said...

I'll be praying for you. Of course to me you have already succeeded!

lifelaughterchaos said...

I'm so proud of ya!

Live the dream for me!