Monday, June 16, 2008

The Yard Sale from Heaven...

Some friends throw each other babyshowers when a new baby comes into the family...

Well, my friends think a little outside the box and they threw us a YARD SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As many of you know, Elle has blessed our lives in many ways. I wouldn't trade the experience we have had for anything in the world. When we first looked into adopting, we were told that it would cost at least $20,000.

Of course; since we're just ROLLIN' IN THE DOUGH (because every family in ministry is), the $20,000 didn't scare us at all! Okay, just kidding. We were TERRIFIED!

Walking this road and watching the Lord answer every prayer has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. He has done so many miraculous things to bring our daughter home to us and just this past weekend we watched as He continued the miracles!

My dear friends Jennie and Laurie called in the troops and asked for items to be donated to a yard sale that was benefitting Elle's adoption. By the time Saturday rolled around I had more stuff in my house than I could have imagined. We had an amazing day and when all was said and done, we had raised $371 to help pay off the tiny bit that we still have remaining for Elle. PRAISE GOD!

Praise God for good friends, praise God for children and praise God for yard sales!!!!!!


2 comments:

lifelaughterchaos said...

OK...I super would have come and shopped at your yardsale! Congrats!

Luke Holzmann said...

Very cool.

~Luke