Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sweet sounds of summer!

So, it’s the first day of summer vacation and I am beside myself. I feel like the new mom driving home from the hospital and wondering what in the world she’s gotten herself into!

Desperate for garbage bags, I dragged three kids to Target this morning.

What was I thinking?

“Brekyn, stop hitting your brother.”

“Ayden, PLEASE find your shoes.”

“Oops…forgot to change Elle’s diaper.”

“Ayden, you still don’t have shoes on!”

“Brekyn, I swear, if you don’t stop hitting your brother…”

Then we made it to the car.

The two minute trip seemed much longer than normal…

“Mom! He’s lookin’ at me funny!”

“Hey, Mom look; I’ve got one eye closed!”

“Ahhhhhhhhhhh”….(the sounds of Elle adding her two cents).

And, wouldn't you guess that the garbage bag isle is way in the BACK of the store!

“Mom, let’s get this!!”

“ Oooh, Mom; did you see that!”

“Mom, I need more toothpaste!”

“ Mommmmm…Why is this taking SOOOOOO long?”

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” (screaming baby now MUCH louder and smelling quite foul)!

Oh, the sweet sounds of summer! :)

… And all for a box of garbage bags!

1 comment:

lifelaughterchaos said...

I'll be right there with ya sista in just a few short days!!!