Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kenny G is waterlogged...

AHHHH!!! One of those days when you just want to run outside, slam the door behind you and run away to some tropical paradise!

I can't stand laundry. It's never ending and somedays I feel like all I've done is wash and fold.

But, do you know what I hate MOST about doing laundry?

The surprises...

Hmm, let me think...

There's the red crayon that ruined an entire load (whose pocket was that in)?

There are the endless plastic grocery bags that Brekyn seems to find it fun to stick into the wash (sometimes I find them before the load is started...sometimes I don't)!

There's the ATM card that my husband accidentally put through the load...talk about laundering money!

Yea, those were good....but nothing like what I found today!

You see, today I filled up the wash and got distracted by my stench and decided to go jump in the shower. Somewhere in between filling up the wash and actually starting it; apparently one of my children (who shall remain nameless - although since one is in school all day, and one doesn't yet walk; you may be able to figure it out) decided that it would be fun to get into mommy's purse and see what he could find...

Apparently, something in his little brain thought that it would be neat to see what would happen if he put his little found "treasure" into the wash.

Alas, this is what I found at the bottom of the wash when I went to move the clothes to the dryer....


Come on; let's take a closer look...

Needless to say I am incredibly bummed! After years of being the only person on the planet who was hopelessly behind the times (especially for someone who works with youth), I finally used some Christmas money from my parents and went out and bought an ipod.

Ahhh, short-lived bliss. I will now resort back to my days as a loser who is anything but high-tech.

My child (who again shall remain nameless) is now enjoying the view from his bed for the next hour.

Oh YES, I said 'hour'! Mommy needs a bit of time to herself!:)

PS. By the way, I don't really have any Kenny G on my ipod...it was just a catchy title (sorry to all you Kenny G fans out there)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better I just got an IPOD this Christmas too. I still can hardly use it bc I am so not techie! So sorry for your loss. WHile yours was throwing IPODS into the wash, mine was throwing money in the toilet. :)
Ahh, just remember it could possibly be another chapter in your book!

Missy said...

There was an audible gasp of pain from here in Texas. I am so sorry for your loss!!!

Hey, I have a load of red crayoned stained clothes on the floor of my laundry room. Maybe if we start wearing them, we will start a trend and not have to throw them out. You ready?

I am popping around meeting fellow she-speakers. hi!!

E said...

Well maybe that is a little worse then Bailey ripping my comforter :) So sorry that happened!! Let's do coffee again soon!!

lifelaughterchaos said...

uuugh. that stinks. I think an hour is getting off easy!

but i am soooo glad to know that you didn't have kenny gee in there. uuugh.